YouTube is one of the platforms that provides creative freedom to people of almost all ages.
Most of us wanted to have a YouTube channel during high school and college days.
However, after recording a video or two, most high school and college children quit because if they wanted to become famous it would take time and patience.
If you are one of those who started the YouTube channel over the past years, and you have given it up but you want to give it a try again, chances are that you might want to change your YouTube channel name.
Well, you are lucky because YouTube allows you to edit the name of your YouTube channel. You can easily change the YouTube channel name by following these simple steps.
How to change the YouTube channel name on Windows?
- Open YouTube in any browser and sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the profile icon available in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click the Settings button from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Edit on Google option available under your YouTube channel name.
- Edit and change the first and last name to use for your YouTube channel and hit the save button
Your YouTube channel name has been changed successfully.
How to change YouTube channel name on Android and iOS?
1. Open YouTube on your phone and tap the available YouTube account icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Click on your channel button from the menu and you will land on your YouTube channel.
3. Now click on the Settings gear button next to the channel name.
4. Click the Edit button next to the channel name and you will see a dialog box to edit your channel name.
5. Click the Save button to successfully change the YouTube channel name. New visitors will be able to see the new name of your YouTube channel.
Always remember that you can edit your YouTube account name three times in 90 days. So, if you are not sure of the name, please do not change it quickly, take your time to decide.
You can easily edit your YouTube channel on the phone by opening the app and visiting your channel. After visiting your channel, just click the settings gear button and you can edit or change the name and description of the YouTube channel and switch between privacy settings.
You can change the YouTube channel name 3 times every 90 days. If you changed your name three times in a period of 90 days, you cannot make any changes up to 90 days.
You can change the name of your YouTube channel to a single word with this simple trick. At the time of name change, type the name you want in the first name option and put “.” In the last name option. The result will be the one-word YouTube name as the point will be removed automatically.
Answer is Yes, you can change your YouTube channel name after monetization too. However, it is suggested to avoid changing your YouTube channel name after monetization as it may be difficult for subscribers to find you.
Two different YouTube channels can have the same name, but names cannot have the exact same characters. For example, if there is a channel named “Saitama” on YouTube, you can keep your channel name with the name “saitamA”.
6- How do I know that someone has already taken the YouTube channel name?
When entering your YouTube channel name, you will get different suggestions if the exact name is not available. Moreover, the search also shows other channels with similar names. However, it is suggested to avoid using commonly used names because they kill the uniqueness of your YouTube channel.